About Senior Project

Erik L.-West

Topic: Karate Competitions/Tournaments

EQ: What is most important to competing as a top rated competitor in Martial Arts Tournaments?

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Science Fair Proposal

1. If the center if mass in a stance is different, then the force of a kick will be affected.

2. Independent: Center of mass in stance
 Dependent: Force of the kick
 Control: My stance posture with my legs

3. My hypothesis connects to my EQ because in sparring for practice and for competition, anyone will have a different kicking force from one another due to the center of mass they have in their legs for the stance.

4. -I will practice throwing a few kicks, as if I were sparring someone towards a force plate from different types of stances.
-The force plate was suggested by Ms. Melogno, then I will record the data.
-I will then see how different the force of each kick was comparing the stances that have different Centers of mass.

5. It would be under the category of Physics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment