About Senior Project

Erik L.-West

Topic: Karate Competitions/Tournaments

EQ: What is most important to competing as a top rated competitor in Martial Arts Tournaments?

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Senior Project Topic

My topic is Karate Competitions/Tournament because I enjoy taking part in them.  At first I was nervous when I started as yellow belt because I was afraid of being hit hard.  But as I kept competing and practicing for them, I learned to overcome it.  Now I go as often as I can and I spar at my hardest.  But I don't go just just to spar, I also perform Kata.  Also I'm interested in the dynamics involved in the organization of tournament/competition.  What I hope to accomplish from studying this topic is to learn what it takes to become a tournament promoter at National and World Class level of Martial Arts Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment